Redland Investment Corporation (RIC) is committed to helping you protect your privacy. RIC will take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
Collecting your personal information
When collecting your information, RIC will:
• tell you what purpose we will be collecting the information
• tell you what information is necessary to access RIC’s products and services, including payments and transactions
• tell you when the information needs to be passed on to RIC’s contractors and agents who carry out activities on RIC’s behalf
• not ask for or collect any personal information about you unless it is necessary to conduct business and meet statutory and regulatory obligations
• not pass the information on to other entities without consent unless it is required by law, is necessary for research or the compilation or analysis of statistics in the public interest.
Using your personal information
When you provide RIC with your personal information, RIC will:
• use the information to help you use RIC services
• gather the data for analysis
• remove your personally identifiable characteristics unless you have given us specific consent.
Disclosing your personal information
RIC will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons applies:
• you have given your consent to do so
• RIC is required by law or authorised to do so under a law
• there are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
• that person or organisation is providing a service to RIC and is required to maintain the same or comparable privacy principles.
Security of your personal information
RIC is committed to protecting the security of the personal information you provide. When handling your personal information, RIC will:
• take reasonable steps to ensure that information we collect, use or disclose is securely stored
• store information in password-controlled servers with limited access
• monitor transmissions sent to or from RIC for quality control and systems administration
• protect your personal information from loss or misuse and from authorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction
• operate secure servers, including but not limited to Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encrypted connection methods.
Accessing, correcting or updating your information
You can access the personal information that you give us in accordance with our obligations under the Right to Information Act [PDF 1MB]/Information Privacy Act 2009.
RIC will take all reasonable steps to correct and update your personal information or remove it if it is no longer needed.
You can download the Information Privacy Amendment Application from RIC’s Right to Information website.
Email and other electronic notices
By registering for e-services and in making submissions online you consent to RIC providing any information to you regarding the services in electronic form. RIC may provide such information to you via email at the email address you specified. If you do not consent to receive any notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the services. RIC reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of the e-services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
The materials presented on RIC websites are distributed as an information source only, provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representation, statements and information. RIC does not accept liability to any person for the information or advice provided in this website or incorporated into it by reference or for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon the material in this website.
All information, files (whether text, code, image (include moving images) graphic or sound in any machine or human readable format) and other material obtained or able to be viewed by accessing this, or any part of this website (website "material") is subject to copyright. Unless expressly provided otherwise, all website material is the property of RIC.
Where any material is expressly stated as not being the property of RIC, RIC does not, or does not purport to, allow, encourage or otherwise permit the copying or dissemination of the material (other than in the course of viewing this website) and permission must be obtained from the copyright owner.
Use of logo
The use of the RIC logo is strictly prohibited.